Amazing adventurous women all over the world… share your experiences, feelings and learning. Let’s say it as it is: messy, marvelous and at times difficult.
Inspire others to adventure
Share your tricks and tips
Here are a few questions to get you thinking. I’m sure you have lots of wisdom to share…
- Did you follow routes used by other groups or did you design your own route?
- Did you remember to take everything you needed?
- What was your best bit of kit and why?
- Where’s the best place you’ve visited and why?
- Is there a trip that you think every woman should do? If so what is it and why?
- Has travelling given you more self-confidence?
- Are you happier being away from home than before your trip?
- What was the worst part of the trip in terms of your own feelings?
- Give an example of a problem that arose on the trip and how you overcame it.
- What do you do when the going gets tough?
- In what ways did you prepare yourself physically for the trip? Would you do anything different in the future?
- Did you travel solo or with a group? How was the group formed?
- Was it better to work with people you knew/did not know?
- What helped to maintain/restore relationships in challenging times?
- What influenced the decisions about the route, accommodation, equipment and dates?
- If you made the wrong decision, what happened and what did you learn from the experience?
- Were you able to find a balance between keeping safe and having an adventure?
- Did anyone fall ill on the trip? Were you prepared and able to help them?
- What would you personally do differently on any future trips?
- Did you discover any hidden abilities during your travels?
- Did you make new friends or strengthen existing friendships?
- Did you meet incredible men/women on your travels? What made them exceptional humans?
- What new skills or abilities have you developed by going on an adventure?
- Do you feel the skills learnt while travelling will help you in later life? If so, which ones?
- Was your route plan accurate and how closely did you follow it and your timings?
- In the light of experience, are there any other preparations you would make for future adventures?
- What advice would you give a woman setting out on her first independent trip?
- Use your thoughts to create a ‘Wiscard’ (wisdom postcard) at the Wisdom Tradingpost.
Click here to write your own Wiscard!