Women are wonderful at sharing.
We help each other, and we learn from each other. If I’m in a bit of a pickle when travelling, I will always look for a friendly looking lady to ask for help because I know the sisterhood won’t fail me. We look out for each other and we help each other to flourish. The Wisdom Tradingpost is where you can share your travel stories, personal development insights and words of wisdom. Share your gifts with the ladies of the world.
Who needs to be perfect? You are perfectly imperfect!
How boring would perfect be?? No feelings of elation as you mastered a new skill, overcame a long-term challenge… Nope, it’s not for me. Let’s keep learning and feeling wonderment at this amazing world we live in and the achievements we make.
Learning comes from making mistakes
– if we don’t make mistakes we aren’t learning!
The Wisdom Tradingpost is a place to come a share your travel stories. Together we can make it the best travellers’ social in the world.
Share your stories and inspire those wanting to travel. Give them courage to set out and explore the wonders of the world. Knowing someone else has been successful can give us courage. Let’s be honest, we all have fears and worries. We start out with little local trips, gain confidence and move on to something more challenging. Learning each time and honing our skills.
Let’s guide each other ladies, to live a life of self-exploration, fun and adventure.
We want a life above and beyond the mundane.
Don’t let your fears stop you from having fun.
Write a Wiscard and share wisdom from your journey with fellow Explorers. Tell your story, other travellers want to hear it.
Create a wiscard:
Please log in to submit content!
How to create a Wiscard:
1. Log in or register to Explore Discover
2. Choose your Wiscard category
3. Upload a photo from your travels (nothing naughty thanks!)
3. Add post tags (Such as Location, Continent, Activities you did etc.)
4. Write your story. Remember the Who, What, When, How and Why.
5. Share your Wiscard with friends
Have you thought of another story? Okay, post another one!
Just keep inspiring people.
You are spreading smiles around the world.
- Be honest about the good, the bad and the learning
- Tells us Who, What, Where, When and How
- Add an inspirational picture
- Share your wisdom and inspire
- Be kind
- No Complaining – take full responsibility for your choices and actions or inaction
- No being mean – This is a positive space for learning, so no negativity
See other posts:
To search either choose a category or click the map!
Browse the postcards, leave reviews and share them with friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is it for?
- Women travellers
- Those that are thinking about doing a trip and are looking for inspiration and guidance
- Those that have been on their first trip and can share their learning
- Wanderlusters that keep travelling and have top tips to share
Do you have to have travelled somewhere exotic?
Adventures come in all shapes and sizes – A trip camping or cycle touring is an adventure. You don’t have to travel to the other side of the globe or spend loads of money to have a fabulous adventure. Some of my best experiences have been those impromptu decisions to have an adventure close to home.
Does it have to be a daring-do? What if there were no near-death incidents – is that boring?
Now let’s get this straight, you don’t have to have dragged a sledge to the North Pole, got frost bite on both hands and lost toes to write a Wiscard! This doesn’t have to be about testosterone laden exploits, it’s not a competition. If you’re just a real woman, like me, with an interesting or unusual experience, share it.
We go on adventures when we’re bold and step in to the unknown. It takes courage to do something new, big or small. There’s no adventure hierarchy here, whatever’s a challenge, is your adventure.
What should I write about?
Here are some more prompt questions if you want more ideas. I know there’ll be lots you can write about. We’ve all had rich and interesting experiences.
- When did you step out of your comfort zone?
- Did you take a leap of faith?
- What were the life-changing experiences that have made you think differently?
- Would you do it all again? If so why?
- What advice do you have for others thinking of doing a similar journey?
How do I edit/delete Wiscards I have made?
To do this, go to your account (In the top menu) and click posts. From there you can edit and delete posts you have made.