What better way to celebrate your first steps to independent travel and graduation from the Adventurous Spirit online course than a trip to either Valencia or Florence! Enjoy these vibrant cities, experience new food and explore to your hearts content safe in the knowledge you can meet up with like minded aspiring adventurers along the way at pre defined meeting points.
Adventurous Spirit is an online course for aspiring travellers wanting to go on their first independent journey, or their first adventure in many years. Take a look at the online course here
Celebrate with adventure!
Fallas bonfire festival of San Jose, Valencia, Spain
15th – 19th March 2020
- Marvel at the incredible sculptures at the Fallas bonfire festival of San Jose, Valencia
- Watch the firework displays
- Vote for your favorite creation
- Be part of a huge festival! Start spring with a buzz! Other attractions in Valencia…Valencia has beautiful beaches with golden sands and views of the Mediterranean. For art lovers and science fans, a visit to the expansive City of Arts and Sciences is recommended. Foodies looking for a real taste of Valencia should try sampling some fresh produce from the Mercado Central. Alternatively, join a cookery class and learn how to make Paella.
24th – 26th March 2020
- Do you want to explore the streets of Florence?
- Visit the magnificent churches?
- Eat gelato at one of the oldest and best gelato shops in Florence?
- Learn to make pasta?
- Admire the classical sculptures?
Everyone wants to see the Duomo and gaze at the statue of David before heading to the Uffizi galleries to soak up the Renaissance splendor of the artworks. The historical centre is a UNESCO Heritage Site, and traffic is restricted from entering. The heart of Florence is compact, and you can easily explore all that the city has to offer on foot. If you’re bored of museums, then try out paddleboarding on Arno River and you’ll be able to pass under the renowned Ponte Vecchio bridge.
Guest Speaking Events
Sarah has presented at the HUBBUK (Horizons Unlimited Meeting for adventurers). Opening the possibility of cycle touring to the audience in her talk “The Mekong by bicycle”.
If you’d like to about booking me for an event, please do get in touch contact us.